Waking up early is tough, especially during quarantine. But there are several benefits of waking up early that you might be missing. Here is a list of some of the benefits of getting out of bed before 9:00 and getting a head start on your day:
- A healthier diet. You have time to eat breakfast which will lead to better eating habits throughout the rest of the day.
- Healthier skin. Extra time to hydrate, exfoliate, and moisturize your skin. Skin is the healthiest in the morning after a good night’s sleep.
- Exercise. If you get up and exercise in the morning, you are less likely to make excuses later in the day when you’re busy. Exercising in the morning provides the body with more energy all day long.
- Improved productivity and better concentration. Brains are most alert in the morning. You are able to make decisions and think more clearly.
- Better sleep routine. Once you get in a routine of getting up early, your body will will feel even more rested than it did when your were sleeping in.
- Time for yourself. The world is quiet first thing in the morning. This is the perfect time to take a moment for your self and reflect on your life.
- Sunrise. You think sunsets are pretty? Just wait until you see the sunrise.
- More positivity. Studies show that people who get up early are less likely to become aggravated throughout the day.
- Organization. Waking up early will allow you time for keeping your belongings more and more organized.
Here are some successful early risers that swear by waking up early:
- Apple CEO, Tim Cook
- Michelle Obama
- GE CEO, Jeff Immelt
- PepsiCo CEO, Indra Nooyi
- General Motors CEO, Mary Barra
- Starbucks CEO, Howard Schultz
- Tim Gunn